This minimalist luggage tag is madefrom Novonappa® calf leather from the HAAS
tannery in Alsace, a region of France. This famous tannery is located 30km far
from my hometown, so I have the chance to select directly the skins that suit
- Novonappa® leather is used by many high-end luxury brands (Barenia for
- It is a full grain, pur aniline, through-dyed, vegetable re-tanned leather.
- It is a combination tanned leather so it displays properties common with
both tanning methods
- The leather appearance is smooth with a characteristic grain pattern. It
will develop a rich natural patina as it ages.
- Novonappa® is their top grade and has a nice balance between supple and firm.
- This calfskin has the particularity to heal scratches and has good water
resistance characteristics, both due to the final step of specific treatment
with a secret recipe that nourishes the leather.
- All my products are 100% handcrafted and handstitched (saddle stitches)
using premium traditional waxed linen thread « Fil Au Chinois » from the
French company Ets Toulemonde. Each ….. represents around an entire day of work.
- Why does Hand Stitching matter ?
The saddle stitch is much more resistant than machine sewn. To create each
stitch, the entire thread crosses two times through the layers of leather.
Unlike machine sewn, the saddle stitch stays intact even if a thread breaks.
With this traditional technique my artisanal goods are made to last.
- Leather : master (see picture for the different colors)
- Thread Color : please choose in the option (see picture for the different
- Edges are bevelled and painted with premium special paint and finish with
* If you have any questions or requests, please feel free to message me.
** Visit my instagram profile : https://www.instagram.com/kraff.france . There
you will find additional photos and information about the craftsmanship and
*** Please note that props may be pictured to show our products in use, but
these are not included with your purchase of the listed item.
Thanks for visiting